Thursday 26 December 2013

Nature Friendly Working Space



As a Mom and architect, working from home by far is the best thing that I can do for the kids. I can do the endless overtime at home whenever I'm working on a project, while keep my children needs fulfilled. I only leave home whenever I need to do meetings with clients or going site visit. So, the first thing in my mind when I designed our house was creating a home working space for me and him. I also have a plan to hire some people in the future as my staff for the projects.
                                                                       
As year pass by, I changed my mind.  It seems now that I no longer need people working for me in the same room. As a team, we always work thru e-mail, send the drawing revisions and all using internet. Even to communicate with the mandor/contractor at Batu Karas, Pangandaran, working on Rumah Raia project, we use Whatsapp! They send me the project progress' pictures, even some short videos taken by mobile phone for me to see and make comments about it. Technically, I don't have to hire people for the time being, but then the room feels empty. I need  more people to work here, with me during day time. They don't have to be in the same working background as me. For as long as we can get along quite well, sharing knowledge, skills, share good energy, that would be nice.

Last week, I read this article about Hubud, the first coworking space in Ubud, Bali, in Indesign Indonesia magazine. It gave me the spirit to pursue the idea of making a coworking space in the #JHouse, with such ambience since our place in Ragunan has peaceful surroundings, with butterflies and dragonflies flying around. Not only that, one day I surely saw two storks (maybe they fly directly from the zoo nearby) walked around in our front yard with such pride.

And to add more values of the place, we can reach downtown in no time by taking the Trans-Jakarta with its walking distance stop, bring your bike to work and jog in Ragunan Zoo in daily basis, other than to go to the over crowded gym somewhere.

The place fits for writers or any other job that needs some silent sanctuary, people who like to improve their life quality by having a peaceful and secluded but accessible working place, and the beauty of it that the place still in Jakarta.







No comments:

Post a Comment